Running Order for #cong19
With three weeks to go CongRegation I wanted to share the running order and some of the things to expect for #cong19. The theme this year is ‘Community’, Nov 22-24th in Cong, Co Mayo.
First the basics.
There are 8 separate events as part of the weekend with the main unconference on Saturday Nov 23rd. Tickets are via the website submission form and based on the ‘Community’ theme. All submissions are shared on the website. Everyone presents in small rotating huddles on the day.
Now the fun detail part.
CongRegation kicks off with a night of ‘Community Talks’ in Ashford Castle on Fri 22nd Nov at 7pm. The line-up is:
• Professor Pat Dolan, NUIG on ‘The Quiet Man …. and the not so Quiet Man’
• Leadership and Development Coach, Nadine McCarthy on ‘ Weaving the thread of Community – From I to We (…whilst still including me)’
• Author Kevin McDermott on ‘Belonging’
• Semantics Expert Alastair Herbert, LinguaBrand on ‘Why Listening Beats Talking’
• Community Builder, Tracy Keogh, BOI/Grow Remote on Building a Community from Scratch
(Note this event is now full but you can leave your name on the waiting list – see below)
Following the presentations we will retire to Danagher’s Hotel for an Maker Meet workshop led by Chris Reina and Pamela O’Brien. Those not attending Ashford Castle are invited to an earlier Maker Session.
Saturday kicks off with the unconference following registration from 9.30am in Ryans Hotel and the full day features 4 rotating 1 hour huddles in 8 different venues. Each of these are chaired with attendees deciding where, when and how they present.
Following the group photo and dinner the group will again assemble in Danagher’s Hotel for a series of fun sessions including:
• Poetry Open Mic led by Paul O’Mahony
• Learn the Tin Whistle by Jenny Mulvey
• Hyphurm – New Ambient Music by Max Hastings
The Saturday Children’s Workshops will also see children of the attendees experiencing engineering, blue screen and electronics challenges in a special Maker Meet followed by a drama/music workshop in the Crossroads Centre.
On Sunday morning Derval Dunford of Suí Mindfulness will lead a special ‘Mindfulness through Daftness’ in Cong Woods which sounds really intriguing.
I have opened up registrations for the different events and the master schedule. Note there are 7 separate tabs. Please indicate which events you wish to attend (especially if availing of the childcare).
Looking forward to seeing you all in Cong. In the meanwhile try to take the time to read the other submission – I learn from each one of them. If you like why not post on social media or leave a comment on the site.