The themes and focus for Congregation
We are building a better tomorrow
- 2013 was social media
- 2014 evolved to digital media
- 2015 was how technology impacts on work and personal lives.
- 2016 broadened to ‘The Future’
- 2017 expanded to ‘Innovation’
- 2018 explored ‘Ideas’
- 2019 was ‘Community’
- 2020 was ‘Society 3.0’
- 2021 was ‘Leadership’
- 2022 is ‘Purpose’
Submission Guidance on ‘Purpose’ Theme for #cong22
Last year the theme of ‘Leadership’ embraced a very wide canvas of how we lead, what we can learn from good/bad leaders and is needed in a leader. In 2022 we will be evolving this conversation into the world of ‘Purpose’.
Why we do what we do and the existential quest for purpose has been a core struggle for humanity for generations. From the philosophical question of why we are here and ‘what’s it all about’ we also need to find purpose in work and at home. Without purpose or a North Star we are in danger of drifting or worse just giving up. Frequently we only think about purpose when its too late or faced with a crisis. This year we hope to take the previous themes forward with a focus on this core driver.
Firstly we are looking for people from diverse background from sociologists, technologists, start up experts, change management, innovation/disruption consultants but also psychologists, physicans, teachers, academics, business owners, politicans, researchers through to farmers, spiritual, mindfulness and healers. We are also looking for attendees from different age profiles to ensure the voices of all generation are heard. The range of backgrounds and age means no one direction of thinking dominates.
Secondly we want people to consider ‘Purpose’ from the perspective of a blank canvas and challenge themselves. As demonstrated by last year’s theme we need strong leadership but leaders need purpose and also need to communicate this to their followers. CongRegation gives us permission to take a new look at something we rarely consider or have not thought deeply about.
One of the outputs of CongRegation is an eBook and the posts are the chapters in that book.
We want perspectives, stories, case studies, opinion pieces, how to’s, experience based, wish lists, academic, thought leadership looking at this area from multiple angles.
Posts could debate specific thoughts, methodologies, technologies or focus on the psychological and social aspects.
- What is purpose?
- Do we need a sense of purpose?
- What guides us?
- Does it need reawakening or is it innately within us?
- Do we inherit purpose from our parents?
- What can we learn from the past?
- Does it transcend national boundaries?
- What does purpose influence?
- Does social media impact and influence our sense of purpose?
- Does our personality types influence how we think about purpose?
- Is it an individual thing need group thought?
- How does technology influence in an age of data, AI and augmentation?
- Ethics and Purpose
- Does purpose drive politics and governance?
- Can we be true to sense of purpose?
- Do we need a hierarchy of purpose – purpose as a human being, a citizen, a parent and worker?
- How do business leadership drive and communicate purpose?
- Do we need a vision to have purpose?
- Can we merge nationalist sense of purpose with our own personal version?
- Does personal purse need to merge with the interests of others?