By Noreen Henry.
“Tomorrow belongs to those that hear it coming” – Bowie
Futurist Gerd Leonhard predicts that humanity will change more in the next 20 years than in the previous 300 years. In his talk titled “The future of content, technology and society” Leonhard identifies the following technologies available today that will shape our future:
- Human Longevity Inc. has a goal to extend and enhance the healthy, high-performance lifespan and change the face of aging.
They are reported to be 15 years away from an anti-aging solution!
- The D Wave is a quantum computing company. It is 1 million times the power of the fastest commercially available computer today
Now owned by google!
- Microsoft HaloLens - is the first fully self-contained, holographic computer, enabling you to interact with high definition holograms in your world.
Bringing holograms into everyday life.
- Viv is an artificial intelligence platform that enables developers to distribute their products through an intelligent, conversational interface. It’s the simplest way for the world to interact with devices, services and things everywhere. Viv is taught by the world, knows more than it is taught, and learns every day.
Viv breaths live into inanimate objects and devices through conversation!
- The Grid – Artificial Intelligence websites that designs themselves.
Yellow Conference is a website created by The Grid.
- IBM Watson is a technology that understands all forms of data and reasons and learns at scale. It uses natural language processing and machine learning to reveal insights from large amounts of unstructured data.
Allows you to find answers and insights locked away in large volumes of data in order to derive value form the data. It reasons similarly to a human.
Connectidy – the dating app for evolved people. Connectidy’s advanced technology, powered by IBM Watson and fueled by the Prescripto Engine, uses cognitive computing to deliver objective personality insights and cultivate emotional intelligence. By helping people achieve a deeper understanding of themselves, Connectidy empowers them to make smarter choices and, ultimately, improves their chances of meeting that special someone.
Try it out, visualise your personality data!
In the 2015 article titled “Replacing Middle Management with APIs”, the author Peter Reinhardt identified a trend to create a software layer in industries that were traditionally human services for example Uber is a software layer in the taxi industry. It is expected that the software layer will thicken, automating routine jobs and making people obsolete for certain roles.
Forbes - Google Cabs And Uber Bots Will Challenge Jobs 'Below The API'
Similarly, Gerd Leonhard identifies 9 “ations” that will transform our societies and enterprises
Both Reinhardt & Leonhard agree that routine, repetitive task oriented jobs of today will be digitized and automated therefore eliminating many existing jobs. Anything that can be digitized and automated will be. Anything that cannot be digitized and automated will be very valuable, i.e., creativity, feelings, emotions, empathy, compassion, negotiation, understanding, design – these are the things that make us human beings.